Conflict Minerals Policy
Conflict minerals are gold (Au), tantalum (Ta), tungsten (W), tin (Sn) and other specific minerals that may be subject to RBA (Responsible Business Alliance) regulations in the future from mining areas controlled by non-government military groups or illegal military factions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or neighboring countries. The illegal mining profits obtained by the local military groups are stolen from citizens, resulting in human rights violations and environmental degradation.
Human rights and environmental protection is one of the core concepts of ASMedia Technology in the development of social responsibility. In accordance with the CFSP (Conflict-Free Mineral Smelter Program), the RBA (Responsible Business Alliance), and the GeSI (Global Sustainability Initiative), we will conduct a survey on conflict minerals starting in 2021 and require suppliers to submit a "Conflict-Free Metal Guarantee Certificate” that they do not use substances from conflict areas, proving that the metals used in their products do not come from conflict areas, in order to support the social responsibility concept of insisting on not using conflict minerals.
RoHS / ISO 9001
ASMedia Technology have not paid any significant fines (> USD$10,000) related to environmental or ecological issues in the past four fiscal years (2017-2020).
Our company is committed to environmental protection, no factory waste water emissions and advocate various "environmental protection, energy saving, carbon saving" "resource reuse" policies in the workplace, and thoroughly implement the relevant policies as follows:
1. Implement waste separation and recycling of waste dry cell batteries.
2. Give away environmentally friendly dishes and straws to encourage employees to use them and reduce the waste of resources.
3. Use environmentally friendly toner cartridges for the photocopiers used at work.
4. The company adopts the environmentally friendly concept of "farming tree paper" which does not damage the natural forest and protects the ecology.
5. Promote employees to develop the habit of turning off lights and power supply.
6. Conduct regular daily energy saving inspections and turn off lights for one hour during lunch break.
7. Encourage employees to take the stairs during work hours and between floors to reduce the use of elevators.
8. Use LED power-saving switch in office area.
9. Change the lighting equipment in the staircase to sensor type, reduce unnecessary lighting time.
10. Continuously carry out the electronic form signing and process improvement to reduce the use of paper and move towards the goal of paperlessness.
11. Organize daily 10,000 steps campaign to encourage employees to walk up and down the stairs and save energy of using elevator lifts.
12. All water faucets in the company will be retrofitted with water savers.
13. All offices will use two-stage water-saving toilets, saving 50% of water efficiency.
The Company has participated in "Do One Thing for Tamsui River Event":
The global climate change has intensified, not only impacting the biological habitats of fresh water river systems, but also affecting the lives of 8 million people in the basin. Nearly 3% of the Tamsui River is still heavily polluted. The source of the pollution is not only domestic water waste discharged by residents, but also industrial water waste from enterprises. Become a citizen of the water system and work together to ”clean” the water environment and ecosystem.
Event Date: 2020/5/28
Participants: 240 (refer to link)